Key Points for Defenders:
- Being aware of all the attackers and their positions! Not just where the ball is at.
- Defender to stay goal side. This means to stay between the attacker and the goal. Don't ever leave you goalie by themselves! If the attacker maneuvers around you RUN and get back between that goal and the attacker.
- Remain 3 Feet away from attacker to contain the attacker
- Jockeying getting in the attackers way is very important. If you do this it will give the rest of the team the chance to help out.
- FYI slide tackles are allowed and it will depend on the referee. (Slide tackles from the back are not allowed)