Please watch this video on how to keep the opposing team back when you have the ball. It is all about using your whole body and managing the ball.
Friday, August 14, 2015
Please watch as this will help with our positioning.
Positioning in soccer is one of the most important aspects to winning.
We will be working on this positioning over and over to make sure we don't chase the ball in a group.
Please watch this video.
If you play defense I want you to think about how we can use this rule to the teams advantage. Please come to practice with your thoughts on how we can put it to use.
Tuesday, August 4, 2015
Please review this video on soccer throw ins. We need to make sure we don't turn over the ball to the other team for something so simple.
- Both feet have to be on the ground. If you lift a foot we lose the ball.
- Throw has to be both hands and overhead
- When throwing the ball in never throw it in the middle of the field unless we are close to the goal our team is trying to score in.
- 90% of the time at this level of a team you will want to thrown the ball down the sideline
- Be quick to get the ball and throw it in while other team is not organized
- If your not throwing it in get in receiving position quickly if your a forward or midfield
- I prefer one of of our defensive players to hustle and throw it in and then hustle back to their position
- Throw ins can make or break our game when scoring goals and moving the ball down the field
Wednesday, July 29, 2015
Key Points for Defenders:
- Being aware of all the attackers and their positions! Not just where the ball is at.
- Defender to stay goal side. This means to stay between the attacker and the goal. Don't ever leave you goalie by themselves! If the attacker maneuvers around you RUN and get back between that goal and the attacker.
- Remain 3 Feet away from attacker to contain the attacker
- Jockeying getting in the attackers way is very important. If you do this it will give the rest of the team the chance to help out.
- FYI slide tackles are allowed and it will depend on the referee. (Slide tackles from the back are not allowed)